We are delighted to announce that Kensington Wade has been rated ‘Outstanding’ following our first full Ofsted report of May 2018.
Ofsted rated the school ‘outstanding’ in all categories, including effectiveness of leadership and management, quality of teaching, learning and assessment, personal development, behaviour and welfare and the outcomes of pupils.
The Head, along with all the staff and governors at the school are delighted to achieve the highest possible rating, especially since it serves as a testimony to the hard work which has gone in to setting up an exceptional and ambitious learning environment for our pupils.
Highlights of the report, which will be published by Ofsted next week, can be seen below:
- Children make very strong progress from their individual starting points across all areas of learning. Their progress in literacy, mathematics and in their social and emotional development is particularly strong.
- Excellent teaching in both the English and Chinese classrooms enables all children to make very strong progress.
- All staff share the same very high expectations of children’s learning and progress. As a result, they make the most of opportunities to extend children’s knowledge, skills and understanding across all areas of learning.
- Children, many of whom do not come from Chinese-speaking families, make excellent progress in learning to speak, read and write Mandarin. Staff promote children’s language and communication skills in both languages very effectively.
- All staff support children’s emotional well-being very effectively. Over time, children build their self-esteem and become increasingly confident.
- Children’s behaviour is exemplary. They are happy, confident and highly motivated in their learning.
- The school’s work to promote children’s personal development and welfare is outstanding. All staff know children and their families well and are highly effective at meeting children’s care and welfare needs.
- Teachers plan activities that are highly personalised to individual children’s needs. … Parents are particularly pleased with this aspect of the school’s work. Parents said that teachers’ knowledge of their children’s learning is exceptional.
- Parents are overwhelmingly happy with all aspects of the school’s work. They are highly supportive of the headteacher and staff. All parents that responded to Ofsted’s online survey, Parent View, would recommend the school to others. One parent’s views were echoed by many others when she said, ‘Despite being a new school with ambitious ideas, Kensington Wade has answered all my previous doubts and exceeded all my expectations.’
- The headteacher is a highly effective leader who has worked exceptionally well to establish this unique and inspirational school.
- The proprietor and governors share the headteacher’s high expectations for the school and have worked very effectively together to plan for the future. They are highly ambitious and want the very best for all children and their families.